Ask a Question
Back to All

Opta “Korea has a 52.7% chance of advancing to the quarterfinals 5th place with an 11% chance of winning”

Coach Klinsmann relaxed before the game

The final match of Group E of the 2023 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Asian Cup held at Al Janoub Stadium in Al Wakrah, Qatar on the 25th (local time) between Korea and Malaysia.Coach Jurgen Klinsmann is waiting for the game to start.On the left is head coach Herzog.

Statistics media reports that Klinsmann, who failed to smile even against Malaysia, ranked 130th in the FIFA rankings, has a little more than a 50% chance of advancing to the round of 16 of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Asian Cup. The analysis came out.

Opta, a media outlet specializing in soccer statistics and records, analyzed on the 25th (local time) that the national soccer team led by coach Jurgen Klinsmann has a 52.7% chance of defeating Saudi Arabia in the round of 16 of the 2023 AFC Qatar Asian Cup.

The possibility of Saudi Arabia beating Korea and advancing to the quarterfinals was found to be 47.3%.It was analyzed that the power of both teams was virtually similar.

In the round of 16, the only matchup in which the odds of victory were not tilted towards one side was the Korea-Saudi Arabia match. 메이저-토토사이트

Japan, which faces Bahrain, was estimated to have a 75.4% chance of advancing to the round of 16.Opta predicted that Australia, which faces Indonesia led by coach Shin Tae-yong, will smile at an 81.2% probability.

The host nation and defending champion Qatar, who cruised to three wins in Group A, was also predicted to advance to the quarterfinals, beating Palestine with an 80% chance.

Aside from the game in Korea, the game between Iraq and Jordan is expected to be the closest match.

Opta predicted a 59.5% chance for Iraq (3 wins), the leader of Group D, to advance to the quarterfinals, and a 40.5% chance for Jordan, which drew 2-2 with Korea in the second match of Group E.

Even in this game, predictions for victory are focused on one side rather than the Korea-Saudi match.

Saudi Arabia's FIFA ranking, which took first place in Group F with 2 wins and 1 draw, is 56th, 33 places lower than Korea, which is 23rd.

However, it is a formidable opponent who has reigned as a traditional powerhouse in the Middle East.Among Middle Eastern countries, the FIFA ranking is the second highest after Iran (21st).

At the 2022 Qatar World Cup, they also showed their potential with a surprise 2-1 win in the first group match against champion Argentina.

Roberto Mancini, the 'master' coach who led the Italian national team and Manchester City, a prestigious team in the English Premier League, will lead Saudi Arabia since August of last year.

Son Heung-min destroys the Malaysian side

The round of 16 match between Korea and Saudi Arabia will be held at Al Rayyan's Education City Stadium at 1 a.m. on the 31st, Korean time.

On the 25th, Klinsmann, who drew 3-3 in the final match of Group E under coach Kim Pang-gon's Malaysia, ended up drawing 3-3, and following the Jordan match, the mood darkened as the team struggled against an opponent that had been one point down in two consecutive games.

Opta estimated that Klinsmann's chances of winning were 5th overall (11%).

They entered the competition with the ambition to win the championship for the first time in 64 years since 1960, but when they had just passed the group stage, they were diagnosed as being less competitive among the various powerhouses considered as contenders for the championship.

During the press conference immediately after the game against Malaysia, Coach Klinsmann was asked, "Do you believe that a team that conceded six goals in the group stage can win the championship?" to which he responded, "I absolutely believe."

The best candidate for the championship is Japan (17th), which has the highest FIFA ranking among all participating countries, and is predicted to win with an 18.2% probability.

Qatar (58th, 16.8%), Australia (25th, 14.7%), and Iran (12.2%) followed. 카지노사이트